Friday, April 5, 2013

Destroy What Destroys You






We all have something that holds us back. Whether it's mental or physical. Some may struggle with depression, some have a chronic injury or sickness. Some have crazy busy work schedules. But the common thing that binds us together, is we all have trials and struggles! Don't let those, whom you stare at and wish you were, fool you. Every single one of us have something that we struggle with.


I have let mine hold me back for way too many years. I made excuses day after day...I have 3 kids, ages 4 and under. You know I used the excuse that I'm tired, and that I can't do home videos because, when I start a video they're crawling all over me. I used it EVERYDAY! And as each day went by that I hated what I saw when I looked in the mirrow, I had no one to blame but myself. I know what it's like to be depressed, and exhausted. But I also know what it's like to feel alive! To feed your body real fuel that makes it feel good!! Each day I'm taking a punch at what destroys me. What you feed your body can change that depression and make you want to get off your butt and workout. It's a cycle: Food - Exercise- Mental Health...they all feed into each other. If you wake up and workout, you're going to go eat a healthy breakfast..and after both those things, I guarantee you feel better, than if you had slept in, drug out of bed and didn't eat good. Whatever it is that is holding you back...destroy it.


DESTROY WHAT DESTROYS YOU
 Never say never, and never say can't. I have to tell myself this everytime I workout. When I'm gasping for air and thinking I need to stop, because I "can't do it! I think of this picture:
..:
Your body can handle it. You body can do more than you think. Your mind is like a tv, and you need to learn how to change the channel from can't, to can. Train your mind to know howincredible you are. How strong you really are. Because you are. I have to do this everyday. I'm at a stage where I do Insanity with my husband when he gets home at night, because I won't stop if he's there.  He pushes me to go faster and work harder. But I know I'll get to a point where I can do it on my own and not stop.
~be patient with yourself..the results will come
~do not give up
~you will never "find" time, you have to "make" time.
Destroy What Destroys You
It's all about where you want to go, and who you want to be. And that result is worth the sweat and tears. I have shed many and still do. But I'm fighting and destroying what destroys me. Because I know I can. I love the line to a favorite song of mine: "I know that I can, cause I know who I am.." Each one of us has a fire inside and the potential to live life to your fullest. You have to dig deep and ignite it.  Life shouldn't be lived being trapped down by our struggles. Let's get up and fight them.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment