Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Italian Anti-Pasto Salad

Welcome to our blog!!
I am so excited to get this going, and have a blog going again!! I love sharing everything we've learned and opening up our lives. I hope you enjoy our recipes we share, which are always Gluten-Free. We've learned so much the past couple years about the effects that food can have on your mental and physical health. I completely believe that food can either be the worst form of poison, or the most powerful medicine. We've had personal experience of overcoming depression, and an eating disorder through clean eating, vitamins and Shakeology. We'll share more of our stories later on, but today I wanted to share a yummy salad that I found online. I can't stand the thought of turning on the oven when summertime starts coming around. I just want something light and refreshing that I can throw together quickly! Like this gem I found on skinnytaste.com : 







Italian Antipasto Salad

Servings: 1 • Size: 1 salad 
Calories: 254 • Fat: 16 g • Carb: 19.5 g • Fiber: 7.5 g • Protein: 16 g • Sugar: 3 g
Cholest: 37.5 mg

Ingredients:
1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1 thin slice red onion
4 green pitted olives (or black)
1 pepperoncini, sliced
1/4 cup roasted red pepper, sliced (homemade, or buy packed in water)
1/4 cup Red Peppers
1/3 cup cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 oz (4) turkey pepperoni, sliced thin
2 slices Prosciutto, Di Parma, sliced

For the vinaigrette:
1 tsp olive oil 
1 tsp red wine vinegar
fresh black pepper

Directions:

Place the lettuce on a large dish and top with meats, vegetables and cheese. In a small bowl add vinegar, add black pepper and whisk in oil. Drizzle over salad and enjoy!

Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment