Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Chris's Transformation Story


Hi I’m Chris. I’m 31 years old. I’m the lucky guy who gets to be married to Mindy Rose. She really is as incredible as she seems. Marrying her 5 ½ years ago was the best decision I’ve ever made. We have both been so blessed since makin...g that decision. I love being married. I also love being a father. Giving my wife and children a good life is of the utmost importance to me.

I have had a great life. I was born into a great family. I couldn’t have asked for better parents and siblings. I loved watching them play sports. I loved to play sports with them in the yard and when I was old enough, I became involved in sports competitively. On the outside, I probably seemed like a happy kid with no worries. Unfortunately on the inside, I was struggling. When I was 12, I was diagnosed with O.C.D and depression. This was very hard for me to understand at that age. I thought everyone felt that way and had those thoughts. As a kid you don’t discuss these kinds of things with your friends. My best friend knew and he was a huge support. My family knew of course but for the most part I felt like I was an actor in a play called life. I used fun, humor, and sports as a distraction from my issues. As long as I had something to look forward to, I could get through another day, another week, etc. Because of these issues, I was released from my mission after serving only 4 months. On my mission, I would pray that the Lord would take these struggles away from me since I was serving Him full time. I have learned since then that miracles happen according to His will and His time table. Life is filled with trials. This life isn’t just a test but also a learning experience. I’m so glad that the light finally switched on in my head that I can’t always just pray my way out of situations without getting up off of my knees and acting. I can’t sit there and say, “Here I am Lord, fix me please. I’m broken. It’s when I decide to do everything that I can to improve my situation that he makes more out of me than I could have ever imagined. It’s in the doing that we find the inner strength that He gives to us.

After many years of searching for answers to my challenges, six months ago my wife and I found Beachbody. Now because of Shakeology, Insanity and challenge groups, I am in a much better place. I have been able to overcome plateaus physically and mentally that I never could before. I feel happy, positive and confident. I’ve never felt so healthy and energetic. And by Christmas 2012, I had weened myself off of the anti-depressant I had taken for over 10 years. I went from 205 lbs to 180 lbs and I am in the best shape of my life. It started with a paradigm shift and a decision to change. I am done with being a victim. I will be a victor. Trials can define us or refine us. We can use our struggles as an excuse or a reason. Who knows where I would be if courageous people like Brigitte Linford wouldn’t have shared their story and prompted me to improve my situation. Mindy and I have been so blessed by this and now we want to pay it forward. I hope you enjoy our page.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment