Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Flour-Less Blueberry Muffins


You’ll hear me talk about this a lot, but My favorite health book is the “The Skinny Rules.” It literally changed my life. I highly suggest getting it because, even though I’ve had it for a year, I still use it every month. I learn something new every time, and love the shopping guide and section about how to read labels. One of my favorite rules that has helped us was 

Rule #7: NO CARBS AFTER LUNCH

Here’s why:
How often do we think that at the end of the day we’re owed something and we “deserve” that bowl of ice cream because it was a hard day! Am I right!?!?  We have to break that habit, and eat most of our carbohydrates in the morning and live off a different array of foods; proteins and fiber after lunch.

Carbs are forms of sugar, and sugar cues the pancreas to make more insulin, which in turn triggers appetite. The later in the day that you consume sugar, the more likely it is that you will get food cravings late at night. Those are not a good thing!
`Snack on fiber, protein, vegetables, and fresh fruits.(not dried ones at night..they’re little sugar bombs!)
`Eat lean and green at night. Repeat. Post on your fridge and abide by it and you will SO much closer to staying thin.

A hard thing for me to give up was my BAD carbs. I loved muffins, breads, and bagels. Once I learned that I didn’t have to give them up completely, I healthified them so I could still enjoy my favorite things. Plus they’re great snacks for the kids!

Blueberry Banana Muffins
Ingredients:
2.5 cups old fashioned oats 
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2 eggs
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP ground flax seed
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas 
3/4 C blueberries
Preheat oven to 400. Mix everything together, and pour into greased muffin tins. Bake 18-20 minutes.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment