Monday, April 8, 2013

Mindy's Transformation Journey

Hi!! I'm Mindy! I'm 27 and I'm the lucky Mom of 3 beautiful, sassy, and sweet kids ages 4.5, 2.5, and 19 months. They keep my busy and humbled each day. Chris and I have been married for 5.5 years, and I truly believe in the saying, that I am the luckiest girl alive. He's my better half, and I'm grateful for his support in all I do, his undying belief in me, for the way he makes me laugh, and lets me cry.

I grew up as a little girl, hating my body. I don't use that word lightly, because I honestly can't remember a time where I was ever happy with what I saw in the mirror. I would wear baggy clothes, and do anything to hide in the background. I fell into a depression in Junior High and High School, and started my addiction with Bulimia when I was 15. I will fight until my dying day to combat this horrible addiction and disease, and somehow reach people and help them change their mentality and view of themselves. We have been blessed with amazing bodies, and I spent too many years destroying mine. I struggled with this for 12 years..up until about a year ago. I stopped while I was pregnant but would get sucked right back in after each birth. I hated food..I wished there was a way to live without it, so that I wouldn't be fat. Over the course of having kids, my weight was all over the place. I decided after my 3rd, that I had an example to set, and a life to live. I wanted to do more than just make it through each day. I wanted energy, passion and hope. I wanted to feel good and be happy. I wanted my kids to remember in a different way.

So I studied what clean eating was about. We started running together..and slowly I found that when you eat the right whole foods..that you can eat a whole plate full and still lose weight! It was a miracle! We cut out sugars, artificial foods, packaged foods, chips, ice cream etc. What we noticed on this journey was that our our energy was increasing, and we were starting to feel good..better than we ever have! But we plateaued, and at that time we found Beachbody and Shakeology. This was the missing piece of the puzzle. Since starting Insanity, Shakeology and other workout programs in addition to eating clean - we have reached a fitness level we never thought possible. We've overcome the daily depression/darkness with the help of all the superfoods in Shakeology, whole foods and exercise. We no longer need naps, I can think clearer and my emotions aren't all over the place. It's been heaven sent for us and we want to share all the wonderful things we've learned along the way.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment