Saturday, July 11, 2015

Reminiscing to 1 year ago...

When I first started coaching,  I made a dream board with things I would like to accomplish in the next year. One of those was to get a new vehicle. It didn't happen in 2013, so it went back on my dream board for 2014. I don't believe in giving up. I don't believe in quitting when things get hard, or quitting when you don't have success as quickly as you'd hope. I don't believe in taking the easy way out. And I don't believe in EVER giving up on your dreams. I've hesitated posting this because of all people - I'm not one to go get nice things. I like to save, I like to get the most for my money, I hate having debt. And some may think that it's silly to have a new vehicle as something on a dream board.

BUT when it comes to the comfort of my family - and when it comes to me proving to myself that I can do something - I'm going to do it.

So a couple months ago, it came time to check another dream off my dream board and I've cried many tears over it for lots of different reasons. I had major buyer's remorse because I've never in my life had a brand new vehicle. I felt guilty over getting something new. But I also cried because I made this dream come true. I cried because I looked back on my life at all the times I quit. I looked back on all the hard times I've had as a coach, but knowing that THIS is the time I'll never stop. Because I've finally seen my potential and I want to show my kids how to believe in themselves and never stop dreaming.

When we first moved to Vegas, we had to buy a van within 24 hours to fit our growing family and we didn't have the money then to get anything remotely nice. It was put on a loan, and we were blessed to be able to get the van we had, but there were so many things wrong with it. It didn't have rear AC and in Vegas - that's not cool if you have to sit in the back. Our kids faces would be beat red until about the time we made it home when the AC would finally be making it back to them. The sliding door didn't close all the way so when we would go on long trips the wind would blow through it extremely loud. We took it in several times across town for repairs, But it served us well and we were grateful to have it. But in the back of my mind..I knew I could work to get us something comfortable, something that we wouldn't worry about breaking down and that would fit our new family of 6 and allow room for carpooling and be comfortable for all sizes to sit in the back or middle. I wanted something safe. And as selfish as it sounds..if I was going to pay for it, I wanted to get my dream car, but still I didn't need all the bells and whistles. Just something nice. We spent lots of hours comparing vehicles and going back and forth and researching and reading reviews. And then I did it. I went and test drove and negotiated my way into coming home with our very first ever new vehicle, a 2014 AWD GMC Acadia.

What makes my heart pound, is that I did it..this isn't a joint income with Chris and I - it's what my part time, 2 hour a day Beachbody income has provided us. Something that just started out as me wanting a 25% discount on their products...something that helped us lose over 100lbs combined...something that taught us a lifestyle that is maintainable....something that gives us butterflies each day as we help people become healthier and happier. Something that has changed us inside and out.

What we do as Beachbody coaches is life changing. Literally. Watching people that are told by Doctors that they need to change their lifestyle or they'll be in serious trouble...DO THAT, and are then no longer at risk. Watching people go from ZERO belief in themselves, to making their dreams come true. Watching people that are just in a funk - they want more out of life, and then they find it through coaching..and now they just SHINE! I absolutely love what I do. I love my team of coaches that are my FAMILY and seeing our team grow and seeing the ripple effect they create as they help people is just amazing.

So yeah - getting a new car may seem silly - but to me it's a representation of so much more. It's never giving up.

Our kids are now thrilled to have their own air control in the back where they can turn the fan to blow on each them. No more red faces smile emoticon They're thrilled to have more room and fit Grandparents and friends with them smile emoticon

And for me -whenever I look at it, I see the for the first time in my life what can happen when you stay consistent and remember WHY you started and believe in yourself that you CAN make your dreams come true. It may not happen the first time around - it certainly didn't for me..
...but NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP! 


No comments:

Post a Comment