Thursday, October 17, 2013

Our Guided Journey

I'm not quite sure where to start..
So after we were told No, because my previa was complete..we went to work, not wanting to accept No for an answer. I started talking to Denver, but felt uneasy. I didn't like that they did it different than the leading hospitals, I didn't like that as much as I wanted the surgery, I didn't like the risks that doing it with the previa there, opened up. So we prayed..we knew that we needed a miracle. And we know that through our faith, and according to the will of our Heavenly Father..He can work miracles. Through Priesthood Blessings and through the prayers of everyone praying for us and through our prayers..we received our miracle just in time. A week and a half after my ultrasound confirming I have complete Placenta Previa, I had another ultrasound confirming that it was gone. That it was 3.2 cm away from my cervix, and hadn't just budged a little..it moved completely out of the way, opening up the option to do this surgery.
 A miracle.
Every Doctor has told me that they've never seen it move in the time frame we needed.
I would be one in a million if it did.
And it did.


So after crying, and saying prayers of gratitude..we went to work calling San Francisco to move forward. Another roadblock was brought up to test our faith: "Your insurance won't budge with us, and our rules are that it needs to be paid for upfront before the surgery is performed." Definitely not an option.  But luckily the lady there is amazing and suggested we call other hospitals because SF is one of the most expensive due to cost of living there. So we did, and we were once again guided to where we needed to go. Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville, TN is cheaper, they're one of the top 3 best that started the surgery study and they will do the surgery before knowing what the insurance says. They have payment plans, and are so understanding and flexible. The lady immediately had me fax everything over, she looked them over and said, go get an amnio and you'll be set.
"Can you be here on Monday for an evaluation and we'll do the surgery on Tuesday?? "
This was on Tuesday. Today is Thursday, and the amnio was done on Tuesday, last of records were sent yesterday..flights are booked, plans are made to drop our kids off in Idaho to be with family while Chris and I go to Nashville.

The biggest lesson we've learned is to never stop. To have faith means to step forward, and keep stepping forward knowing you'll be guided in the direction you need to go.  And when it's meant to happen, things will be worked out to make them happen.

These past 2 weeks have been guided..there's no doubt about that. The way things fell into place on such a time crunch..the way appts were cancelled so I could be seen in time, the way people were kind and told us to call other places..the way nurses faxed things on time for us. And most of all, our miracle of having the previa moved. There's NO DOUBT in my mind, that this surgery is going make a huge difference for Camden. I know that. I may be terrified, never having had a surgery before... so I've never even been put out. But I KNOW that I am being guided, strengthened, and lead to do what's best for Camden. I'll be in the best hands possible with the best staff who has done this many times. It's all starting to set in, and I am scared..but I know it will be okay. I have faith..I know that Camden has angels watching over him..I have a husband who has been my rock, my support and who will be there holding my hand every step of the way and I have a Heavenly Father and Savior who are always there for me.
I feel an amazing connection with Camden and I feel his strength and I can't wait to have this all be over and hold him, and look into his eyes and thank him for choosing us. He's already changing us and will continue to help us become the people we need to be. I am so grateful for this opportunity, and for the lessons I've already learned. I'm grateful for the timing of it..for the way being Beachbody coaches has already helped get us to the point to where we CAN handle this. Where we do Dream, where we do Believe, and where we will Achieve. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually,  physically and financially, we have been prepared for this time in our lives. Thank you for the prayers and support on our behalf. We will never be able to express how much we have felt it, and how much it means to us. 

Now onto the next step of our guided journey....to be continued! 



No comments:

Post a Comment